A house fire sparked by an unattended candle injured three children and three adults Friday the Walnut Park area, authorities said.
Firefighters sent at 2:05 a.m. to 3013 Hope St. extinguished the flames in about 20 minutes, said Los Angeles County Fire Department Dispatch Supervisor Ed Pickett.
According to the fire department, three children and two adults were taken to hospitals for treatment of minor injuries, and one adult was treated at the scene for a minor injury.
The house was occupied by 20 children and 11 adults, county fire Inspector Randall Wright said. The damage was estimated at $75,000 to the structure and $15,000 to the contents, Wright said.
The American Red Cross was assisting the people displaced by the fire, Wright said.
According to ABC7, the people living in the house included three generations of one family.
–City News Service
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: