The son of a former “Real Housewives of Orange County” cast member, who was placed in Santa Ana’s jail following an attack on him in Orange County Jail, said Santa Ana jail officials are threatening to hand him back to the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.
The move to Santa Ana’s jail was a compromise to end Joshua Waring’s legal maneuvering based on claims sheriff’s deputies and guards were not protecting him. However, Waring said since his transfer to Santa Ana’s jail in November he has been in solitary confinement, prompting him to file a grievance.
Waring said the planned eviction appears to be payback for the grievance, and he has threatened to continue his attempts to have sheriff’s deputies testify about their alleged role in an incident in which he and others were assaulted with pepper balls in the Orange County Jail. A hearing is scheduled for Friday in Central Justice Center in Santa Ana.
“They dropped it on us last week,” Waring said in a call from Santa Ana’s jail. “They’ve had me in the hole since I got here, 24-hour lockdown.”
One of Waring’s attorneys pushed to get Waring out of solitary confinement, “And they responded by reneging on the contract,” he said.
“We might have to litigate the sheriff’s issues if they try to put me back there” in Orange County Jail, Waring said.
“They left me in the hole and said you’re not going to leave the hole so we filed a grievance and they said, fine, we don’t want you here,” Waring said.
Waring said he has gone “sometimes two weeks without coming out of my cell.”
Waring accused Santa Ana jail officials of not allowing him access to medication he needs.
“I said I can go into really bad seizures if they stop this medication,” Waring said.
Waring was attacked Oct. 9 by a blade-wielding inmate in the Intake-Release Center in Santa Ana. Jose Jesus Guzman was charged in the attack and is awaiting trial.
Waring sought a reduced bail after the attack, claiming sheriff’s deputies were incapable of protecting him.
Waring is charged with three counts of attempted murder for allegedly shooting then-35-year-old Daniel Lopez outside a home in Costa Mesa on June 20, 2016. Two other people escaped injury in the drive-by attack.
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: