A December trial date was scheduled Monday for a 37-year-old man accused of breaking into a Palm Springs home and striking a resident in the face.
Taylor Donald Hurst of Palm Springs was arrested around 6:30 a.m. May 19, 2022, when officers responded to a report of a disturbance between neighbors in the 700 block of San Lorenzo Road, according to the Palm Springs Police Department.
The defendant’s trial is scheduled to commence on Dec. 10 at the Larson Justice Center in Indio, according to case records. Hurst is charged with robbery, assault with a non-firearm deadly weapon to cause great bodily injury and burglary. He pleaded not guilty to all three counts.
An unnamed resident told officers he was sleeping when someone broke his glass sliding door, entered his home and struck him in the face with an iron, according to police, who claimed that the resident suffered facial injuries.
The intruder grabbed some unspecified items and fled the home, police said. Hurst was arrested a short time later.
According to court records, the defendant was previously convicted of one felony count for inflicting corporal injury on a spouse. He was on probation when he allegedly broke into the Palm Springs residence.
