Burning food on a stove inside an apartment in Moreno Valley Thursday evening triggered a sprinkler system inside the unit, which caused flood damage to two units.
Firefighters responded to a water flow alarm at the Tuscany Hill Apartments in the 21000 block of Box Springs Road about 9 p.m. and found an alarm going off and evacuations in progress, according to the Riverside County Fire Department.
An investigation determined burning food on a stove set off the unit’s sprinklers and flooded upstairs and downstairs units, the department said. It was unclear if the unit where the sprinklers were triggered was upstairs or downstairs.
One person from each unit was displaced and the American Red Cross was called in to assist them.
No injuries were reported and firefighters remained at the scene to assist with water removal.
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: