Mark Zuckerberg is getting old at 31, but he’s still up on the latest fads.
The Facebook CEO has shared his new year’s goal: “I’m going to run 365 miles and I’d love for as many people in this community to join me as possible.”
On letsrun.com, the message board was lighting up — after first wondering if the pledge was fake.
- If real, it adds a new dimension to hobby jogger-ism.
- When you look at the photo which do you see first: cell phone or heel strike? Which is more painful to look at?
- Why 365? It’s a leap year, he should have said 366.
- 2011 called. It wants its running fad back.
- I smell a Zuckerberg-funded series of hobby jogging events coming.
The thread eventually veered off track, discussing whether a 260-pound guy could run a 7-minute mile.
But Zuckerberg stayed focused, and highlighted a Facebook page to capitalize on his quest.
“This is a lot of running, but it’s not a crazy amount,” he said. “It’s a mile a day, and at a moderate pace it’s less than 10 minutes of running per day.”
— Karissa Bell (@karissabe) January 5, 2016
You know what’s cooler than Zuckerberg trying to run 365 miles in 2016? A billion miles.
— Kyle Merber (@TheRealMerb) January 5, 2016
Mark Zuckerberg wants to become the Forrest Gump of Silicon Valley https://t.co/ojf6rIxeJB
— VANITY FAIR (@VanityFair) January 5, 2016
Is it just me or is Mark Zuckerberg kind of becoming Oprah? https://t.co/VsYI43HyHP Run with me! Read books with me! Live your best life!
— Andrew Golis (@agolis) January 5, 2016
Lord, grant me the serenity to never be as goal-oriented as Mark Zuckerberg.
— Jesse Thorn (@JesseThorn) January 5, 2016