O.J. Simpson won’t pull off a multimillion-dollar heist, if TV networks have their say. They won’t pay his asking price for an interview, now that’s he’s out of prison.

O.J. Simpson signs parole documents
O.J. Simpson signs documents prior to his release. Courtesy Nevada Department of Corrections
The Hollywood Reporter says: “Associates of O.J. Simpson have been shopping his first post-prison interview for weeks, numerous sources tell THR. But the erstwhile NFL great, who was released from Lovelock Correctional Center in Nevada a little after midnight on Oct. 1, so far has no takers.”

THR quoted one “TV news veteran” as saying: “It is treacherous” and Not with a “10-foot pole.”

“Any money paid to Simpson would be the target of debtors charged with collecting the $33.5 million civil judgment levied against Simpson in the 1997 wrongful death suit brought by the Brown and Goldman families,” THR noted.

“California attorney David Cook, who has been charged with collecting from Simpson on behalf of the Goldman family, told CNN Oct. 1, that the original judgment has now ballooned to close to $70 million due to interest on the unpaid award.”

Other coverage and commentary:

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *