The International Cinematographers Guild Monday announced nominees for the 56th Annual ICG Publicists Awards to be held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Friday, Feb. 22.
More than 900 industry leaders are expected to attend this year’ luncheon, which traditionally occurs the week leading up to the Academy Awards.
“This diverse array of nominated campaigns is emblematic of what publicists do — designing and implementing their efforts targeted to a multitude of distinct audiences,” said Tim Menke, ICG Publicist Awards Chair.
“This year’s nominees include a wide range of publicizing entertainment including a late-night talk show; Asian, LGBTQ and African American culturally significant stories; modern day comedy; a 40-year-old sequel; cutting edge animation; a 19th century mystery and a nearly silent film. We look forward to celebrating their unique, creative achievements and exceptional bodies of work,” he said.
The nominees are:
THE MAXWELL WEINBERG PUBLICIST SHOWMANSHIP OF THE YEAR FOR MOTION PICTURES
The union publicists that worked on publicity campaigns on behalf of:
– Black Panther (The Walt Disney Studios)
– Bohemian Rhapsody (Twentieth Century Fox)
– Crazy Rich Asians (Warner Bros. Pictures)
– Halloween (Universal Pictures)
– A Quiet Place (Paramount Pictures)
– Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Sony Pictures)
THE MAXWELL WEINBERG PUBLICIST SHOWMANSHIP OF THE YEAR FOR TELEVISION
– The Alienist – Gabriela Zapata (Paramount Television and Turner*s Studio T)
– The Late Show with Stephen Colbert – Ryan Aguirre (CBS Television Studios)
– Mayans, M.C.- Chris Kaspers (Fox 21 Television & FX Productions)
– Pose – Yong Kim (Fox 21 Television & FX Productions)
– Parents – Shari Rosenblum (Twentieth Century Fox Television & ABC Studios)
THE PRESS AWARD
– Chris Cavell, The Ellen DeGeneres Show
– Justin Chang, Los Angeles Times
– Erik Davis, Fandango
– Tom O’Neil, Gold Derby
– Andy Reyes, Entertainment Monday evening
THE INTERNATIONAL MEDIA AWARD
– Vera Anderson, HFPA/Mexico
– Nelson Aspen, Sunrise, Australia
– Jami Philbrick, Mtime, China
– Jeremy Kaye, Screen International
– Adam Tanswell, HFPA/UK
THE EXCELLENCE IN UNIT STILL PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD FOR MOTION PICTURES
– Murray Close
– Claire Folger
– Matt Kennedy
– Merrick Morton
– Hopper Stone
THE EXCELLENCE IN UNIT STILL PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD FOR TELEVISION
– Beth Dubber
– Richard Cartwright
– Colleen Hayes
– Macall Polay
– Van Redin
THE LES MASON AWARD (highest honor the Publicists can bestow on one of its own members)
– Riki Arnold, Senior Publicist, Photo Editor (The Walt Disney Studios)
– Gabriela Gutentag, Unit Publicist
– Sheryl Main, Unit Publicist
– Ernie Malik, Unit Publicist
– Rochelle Romanelli, Senior Publicist (Paramount Pictures International)
As previously announced, the publicists will honor legendary actress Jamie Lee Curtis with the Lifetime Achievement Award and acclaimed director Jon M. Chu with the Motion Picture Showman of the Year Award. Still to be announced is the Television Showman of the Year Award.
Awards chair this year is Tim Menke with Sheryl Main serving as co-chair. Final online balloting will be held Jan. 14 and Feb. 4, 2019, and winners will be announced at the lunch ceremony on Friday, Feb. 22.
Entertainment Publicists first formed a union in 1937 as the Screen Publicists Guild, later becoming the Publicists Guild. In 2002 the Publicists Guild merged with the International Cinematographers Guild. The first Publicists Awards Luncheon was held in 1964 and has since grown to an event attended annually by up to 900 Publicists and Motion Picture and Television industry leaders.
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: