A woman lighting matches may have sparked a fire in a duplex in South Los Angeles that firefighters were able to extinguish in about 10 minutes Wednesday morning.
Crews responded about 12:30 a.m. to the home located near the intersection of 83rd Street and McKinley Avenue, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department.
Neighbors armed with garden hoses tried to extinguish the flames before firefighters arrived, but the flames were too intense, NBC4 reported.
A woman told a news photographer at the scene she started the fire by lighting matches in the dark, NBC4 said.
No injuries were reported.
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: