Two dogs and a cat died in a structure fire Thursday afternoon in Northridge, but no people were injured, the Los Angeles Fire Department reported.
The three animals were beyond help and perished from smoke inhalation despite medical attention by fire crews and paramedics, according to the LAFD.
The fire was reported about 3 p.m. at a home located near the intersection of Osborne Street and Chimineas Avenue, the LAFD reported.
The fire was on the first floor and did not spread beyond the room of origin. It was quickly extinguished without human injury, LAFD reported.
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: