A fire broke out early Tuesday evening at a large vacant building in the Harbor Gateway area that formerly was the site of the Mulligan Family Fun Center.
The fire at the 11,592 square-foot, one-story building at 1351 W. Sepulveda Blvd. was reported about 5:15 p.m. and extinguished in about 90 minutes, according to Nicholas Prange of the Los Angeles Fire Department.
Flames could be seen coming from the roof as LAFD crews, assisted by Los Angeles County Fire Department personnel, worked to douse the blaze.
“Initially, fire was concealed and crews found only light smoke showing,” Prange said. “The conditions rapidly changed just after arrival and fire blew through the roof. Firefighters overcame access and structural integrity challenges to extinguish the flames.”
It took 119 firefighters to knock down the fire. No injuries were reported, Prange said.
There was no immediate word on what sparked the fire.
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: