HazMat crews responded Tuesday to a gas leak in an industrial area of Santa Fe Springs, authorities said, and one person was reported to have been injured.
The Los Angeles County Fire Department said an employee at Airgas Dry Ice notified authorities around 1.30 a.m. that a 40,000-pound carbon dioxide tanker was leaking in the 9800 block of Jordan Circle near McCann Drive.
The building was evacuated, as were nearby businesses, and nearby streets were blocked off, but crews capped the leak shortly after 4 a.m., and employees were permitted to return, according to broadcast reports.
One employee was hospitalized after being struck in the chest by a hose, NBC4 reported.
Broadcast footage from the scene showed the leak as a low white plume near the facility.
—City News Service
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: