Google map can not be displayed. An API key is required. Please see Settings > Symple Shortcodes for more info.
Two patients were taken to a hospital Wednesday after being sickened by fumes at a South Pasadena facility for people with special needs.
Firefighters were sent about 11:50 a.m. to the building in the 200 block of Pasadena Avenue after people complained of being sickened by an unknown odor, according to Capt. Eric Zamteson of the South Pasadena Fire Department.
After assessing the situation, firefighters determined there was no hazard, but took two people complaining of headaches and nausea to a hospital to be checked out, he said.
The odor likely came from nearby sewer drains, but firefighters were unable to determine the substance involved or its source, Zamteson said.
Pasadena Avenue was closed at York Boulevard until firefighters cleared the scene around 1 p.m., Zamteson said.
— City News Service
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: