Police reported no new leads Saturday in the vandalism of President Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, which officials said would be replaced for a third time.

The president’s star was vandalized with a pickaxe Friday by a person witnesses said was dressed as the Incredible Hulk.

Officers responded about 5:50 a.m. to the star near Hollywood Boulevard and North Highland Avenue, according to Officer Drake Madison of the Los Angeles Police Department.

A vandalism investigation was opened, but no arrests had been made as of Saturday, police said.

The star has previously been vandalized with a pickaxe, a black Sharpie marker, stickers and graffiti. The latest act of vandalism came hours after Trump announced that he and first lady Melania Trump tested positive for COVID-19.

The amount of damage sustained is more than $3,000, according to an official with the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce.

“Any star, which is vandalized or destroyed, no matter which honoree it belongs to will be replaced by the Hollywood Historic Trust, a non-profit, non-partisan group,” Rana Ghadban, president and CEO of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, told The Hollywood Reporter on Saturday. “When people are angry with one of our honorees, we would hope that they would project their anger in more positive ways than to vandalize a California State landmark. Our democracy is based on respect for the law. People can make a real difference by voting and not destroying public property.”

Trump received the star in 2007 during the run of his NBC reality show “The Apprentice.”

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.