Authorities Wednesday released the name of a man who died in an accident that authorities said involved his use of medical oxygen inside a garage with a portable stove.
Firefighters sent to the 1600 block of West 79th Street on a report of a fire at 10:50 a.m. Tuesday found light smoke showing from the eaves of the detached garage, but no fire, said Margaret Stewart of the Los Angeles Fire Department.
Leon Satchell, 74, died at the scene, the coroner’s office reported.
An autopsy was pending, but Stewart said the preliminary investigation indicated that Satchell’s death was “accidental … due to the use of a stove inside the garage in conjunction with medical oxygen in use by the victim. The resulting combustion caused his death.”
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: