Attempted murder charges were filed Tuesday against a Wilmington man accused in a weekend drive-by shooting in downtown Long Beach that left two adults and a teenage boy wounded.

Jonathan Rodriquez-Zamora, 23, is set to be arraigned Tuesday at the Long Beach courthouse on three counts of attempted murder, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

Two teenagers were also arrested in connection with the Saturday night shooting, but the status of any criminal case against them was not immediately available.

The shooting occurred about 7:30 p.m. Saturday outside the Hooters restaurant at Shoreline Drive and Aquarium Way. Two men and a 13-year-old boy were wounded, Police Chief Robert Luna told reporters at the scene.

The shots were fired from a vehicle and one bullet pierced the front door of the restaurant, and one of the victims who had been shot ran inside the eatery for help, the police chief said.

Within minutes, officers stopped a vehicle carrying the three suspects believed to have been involved in the shooting, according to police. A firearm was recovered from inside the vehicle and “there were multiple crime scenes located with evidence collected, as well as surveillance video from the area,” police said.

Authorities were investigating whether the shooting may have been gang-related, according to Luna.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.