A man and his adult son were arrested Thursday in connection with three homicides in 2014, 2015, and 2018, authorities said.

Manuel Velasquez, 51, and Anthony Velasquez, 31, were taken into custody about 4:30 a.m. in the 300 block of Humphries Avenue, said Deputy Shawn Du Busky of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Anthony Velasquez was expected to be booked on suspicion of murder, and Manuel Velasquez was expected to be booked on suspicion of being an accessory to murder, Du Busky said.

Earlier this year, an $80,000 reward was offered by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors for help in solving the shooting deaths of Jesse Avalos in 2014, Eduardo Robles in 2015, and Amanda “Nikki” Lopez in 2018.

Detectives said they believed the three crimes, which occurred within about two miles from one another, were connected, and that the suspects targeted the victims.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *