Vice President Mike Pence has cancelled a fundraising trip scheduled for this week because of hurricane recovery efforts.
Pence had been scheduled to headline four high-dollar fundraisers in the state on Thursday and Friday to bolster California’s vulnerable GOP members of Congress, according to invitations obtained by the Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday. The largest — a reception and dinner at the Beverly Hilton on Thursday — cost up to $100,000 to attend.
Lt. Michael Hill of the Beverly Hills Police Department told The Timeas that it had been informed by the U.S. Secret Service that Pence would no longer be attending. He said it was unclear if the remainder of the fundraiser, which features House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, would go on as scheduled or postponed altogether.
The fundraisers were supposed to benefit California Victory 2018, a joint fundraising committee that benefits Pence’s and McCarthy’s political action committees, the National Republican Congressional Committee and the congressional campaign accounts of McCarthy, Darrel Issa of Vista, Dana Rohrabacher of Costa Mesa, Mimi Walters of Irvine, Ed Royce of Fullerton, Steve Knight of Palmdale, David Valadao of Hanford and Jeff Denham of Turlock, The Times reported.
—City News Service
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: