“All events include a pre-signed copy of the book, and specific details on how to attend will be made available soon,” says the event site.
Rolling Stone talked up the tour: “Fittingly, Springsteen will celebrate the arrival of Born to Run in Freehold, New Jersey. After that, he heads to New York City and Philadelphia, before looping down the West Coast. He returns east for the New Yorker Festival and wraps up the nine-date jaunt in Cambridge, Massachusetts.”
The Boss also discussed his ongoing battle with depression, RS said.
“One of the points I’m making in the book is that, whoever you’ve been and wherever you’ve been, it never leaves you,” Springsteen is quoted as saying. “I always picture it as a car. All your selves are in it. And a new self can get in, but the old selves can’t ever get out. The important thing is, who’s got their hands on the wheel at any given moment?”
“Born to Run” features an album called “Chapter and Verse,” said to include five unreleased tracks.
The whole book tour:
- Sept. 27 — Freehold, NJ @ Barnes & Noble
- Sept. 28 — New York, NY @ Barnes & Noble Union Square
- Sept. 29 — Philadelphia, PA @ Free Library of Philadelphia
- Oct. 1 — Seattle, WA @ Elliott Bay Book Company
- Oct. 3 — Los Angeles, CA @ Barnes & Noble at The Grove
- Oct. 4 — Portland, OR @ Powell’s City of Books
- Oct. 5 — San Francisco, CA @ City Arts & Lectures
- Oct. 7 — New York, NY @ The New Yorker Festival
- Oct. 10 — Cambridge, MA @ The Harvard Coop