The body of a man who may have been electrocuted was found Monday afternoon after fire crews extinguished a blaze in the detached garage of a Sunland condominium.
Twenty-eight firefighters were sent to the 8700 block of West Wyngate Street, near Newhome Avenue, at 2:04 p.m., according to Margaret Stewart of the Los Angeles Fire Department. The as-yet unidentified man’s body was found in the garage when the flames were extinguished at 2:23 p.m.
“While not yet confirmed, initial reports indicate the fire may have arisen from an electrocution to the patient,” Stewart said, noting that the cause of death will be determined by the coroner’s office.
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: