Fire Fighters - Photo courtesy of Chandler Cruttenden on Unsplash

Residents of eight homes in Lake Elsinore were advised to shelter in place Friday due to a gas leak.

Fire crews responded to the 33000 block of Richard Street at around 9:20 a.m. Friday for a ruptured gas line, according to the Riverside County Fire Department.

Eight homes were affected as SoCal Gas crews monitored gas levels in the air, according to the fire department.

The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department also responded to the scene to assist.

According to the fire department, the gas leak was stopped around noon and the shelter in place advisory was lifted.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *