Photo via OnScene.TV.
Photo via OnScene.TV.

Light showers fell on areas of the Southland early Monday and more may materialize before a weak storm clears out of the region by Monday evening, according to the National Weather Service.

Monday’s precipitation is expected to produce a 10th of an inch of rain or less said NWS meteorologist Rich Thompson, adding that the preceding storm, which arrived Saturday, generated a quarter-inch.

The chance of rain Monday was set at 20 percent in the Antelope Valley, 40 percent on Santa Catalina Island and at 30 percent in the rest of Los Angles County. In Orange County, the chance of rain Monday is 70 percent.

South winds blowing at 15 miles per hour are expected Monday afternoon in the San Fernando Valley, 10 to 20 mph in the Santa Clarita Valley and the Santa Monica Mountain Recreational Area, and 15-25 mph with 40-mph gusts in both the Antelope Valley and the San Gabriel Mountains.

The NWS forecast showers in Los Angeles County Monday and highs of 46 degrees Fahrenheit on Mount Wilson; 51 in Lancaster; 52 in Palmdale; 56 in Avalon and San Gabriel; 57 in Saugus; 58 in Woodland Hills, Burbank and at LAX; and 60 in Long Beach, Pasadena and Downtown L.A.

Rain is forecast in Orange County, along with highs of 57 in Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Yorba Linda, Mission Viejo and San Clemente; and 59 in Fullerton, Anaheim and Irvine.

Temperatures will be in the low 60s amid partly cloudy skies Tuesday, then climb amid a sharp warming trend Wednesday and reach the high 70s in many L.A. County communities on Thursday. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are forecast to be sunny in Los Angeles County. Orange County is expected to be sunny for at least six days starting Tuesday.

—City News Service

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.