The Metro Blue Line resumed full service this morning after authorities searched the parking lot near a transit stop in Long Beach in response to a report that a bomb had been placed in a car. Photo via OnScene.TV.
The Metro Blue Line resumed full service this morning after authorities searched the parking lot near a transit stop in Long Beach in response to a report that a bomb had been placed in a car. Photo via OnScene.TV.

The Metro Blue Line resumed full service Thursday morning after authorities searched the parking lot near a transit stop in Long Beach in response to a report that a bomb had been placed in a car, authorities said.

A section of Long Beach Boulevard was shut down and Metro Blue Line service was partly suspended, the sheriff’s department reported.

Law enforcement personnel closed down Long Beach Boulevard between Spring and Willow streets about 9 p.m. Wednesday because someone was overheard in the area talking about a bomb in a car parked at the Willow Street Blue Line Station, according to authorities.

Metro Blue Line service was suspended between Wardlow Road and Pacific Coast Highway at the same time, said sheriff’s Transit Services Lt. H. Saucedo. The Metro Blue Line resumed full service at 1:49 a.m.

—City News Service

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.