Addison Watkins. Photo via GoFundMe
Addison Watkins. Photo via GoFundMe

A charity campaign in memory of a 7-month-old Hemet girl who died under suspicious circumstances has generated close to $16,000 in donations, according to figures posted Friday.

While authorities continue their investigation into the death of Addison Watkins, sympathy for her parents and older brother is manifesting in the form of contributions from friends and others crestfallen over the loss of the child.

According to a GoFundMe account established for the benefit of the Watkins family, $15,386 has been raised over three days.

“The family are hurting bad and grieving tremendously,” according to a statement on the page, RIP Addison. “The investigators will do their job and look into everything.”

City News Service inquired as to the status of the Hemet police investigation, but there was no immediate response.

Earlier this week, Lt. Eddie Pust said that detectives and personnel from the Riverside County Department of Child Protective Services were working to uncover as much information as possible about Worman Family Daycare and the circumstances that preceded Addison’s death.

The residential daycare facility in the 1200 block of Stepstone Court, near Silkstone Drive, turned out to be unlicensed, according to published reports.

Addison died Monday after suffering unknown health complications, Pust said.

He said that Hemet Fire Department personnel were called to the daycare about 8 a.m. after Addison became unresponsive, reportedly going into full cardiac arrest.

Paramedics attempted to resuscitate the child, who was taken to Hemet Valley Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead moments later, the lieutenant said.

Her parents, Kristin and Steven Watkins, raced to the hospital, but by the time they reached the emergency room, “their precious daughter had gone to be with the Lord,” according to the RIP Addison page.

“Every doctor and all the nurses in the emergency room of the hospital were in tears, and the first responder who tried saving her could not even hold his own composure,” the statement said.

“The infant had no obvious signs of trauma,” Pust said.

Detectives learned that the tot’s parents had placed Addison’s brother, Noel, in the same day care when he was 6 months old, and he had been going there until Monday, apparently without any difficulties, according to Pust.

Anyone with information was asked to contact the Hemet Police Department at (951) 765-2400.

— City News Service

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.