A fire sparked by an electrical problem damaged an apartment building in the Pacific Palisades area Thursday, but no one was hurt, authorities said.

Firefighters sent to the 16100 block of Sunset Boulevard at 5:26 a.m. extinguished the flames in the second-floor unit in 17 minutes, said Brian Humphrey of the Los Angeles Fire Department.

The apartment was “heavily damaged,” Humphrey said.

A woman living in the apartment got out safely, having been alerted by a smoke alarm, Humphrey said.

–City News Service

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *