A fire that erupted in a Riverside home Friday caused major damage, displacing a family of six.
The non-injury blaze was reported at 10:40 a.m. in the 1200 block of Cadbury Drive, near Arlington Avenue, on the west end of the city, according to the Riverside Fire Department.
Battalion Chief Craig Kodat said multiple engine crews were sent to the location and encountered flames on the upper floor of the two-story residence.
“Fire personnel initiated an interior attack and limited the spread of the fire to the room of origin,” Kodat said.
He said the extent of damage to the second floor made the home unsafe for habitation.
Two adults and four children were displaced, and Red Cross staff were requested to assist the victims with finding temporary lodgings, according to Kodat.
An investigation revealed that an electrical malfunction likely triggered the blaze, officials said.
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: