A Los Angeles Department of Water and Power employee was taken to a hospital for examination Monday after a small amount of chlorine leaked from a valve at a water filtration plant in the Granada Hills area.
Firefighters and a hazardous-materials team were sent to the 13000 block of North Sepulveda Boulevard about 9:10 a.m., according to the Los Angeles Fire Department.
The employee was in good condition, and situation was regarded as “static,” the LAFD reported. LADWP employees were working to handle the problem.
–City News Service