One woman suffered burns to her feet Sunday in a fire in a fourplex in Baldwin Hills that was extinguished by firefighters, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department.
The fire inside the two-story building at 3443 Carmona Ave. was reported at 4:16 p.m., fire department spokesman Brian Humphrey said.
The department sent 33 firefighters to the scene, Humphrey said. The blaze was primarily contained to one first-floor apartment with some damage to the unit above.
The blaze was extinguished in about 16 minutes, Humphrey continued.
The woman who was burned was reported in fair condition, Humphrey said.
Carelessness with a lit candle was the initial reported cause of the fire, Humphrey added.
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: