A retired Sycamore Junior High School drama teacher accused last month of molesting two former male students, who are now adults, now stands charged with sexually assaulting six boys, prosecutors said Friday.
David Michael Bruce, 65, of Anaheim, was arrested Sept. 8 on suspicion of molesting two boys, but additional investigation led police to four more alleged victims.
The investigation began in August, when a sibling of one of the accusers came forward to police, according to Deputy District Attorney Rick Zimmer.
Bruce taught drama at the Anaheim junior high school from October 1981 until he retired in 2010, but continued working as a substitute teacher through 2013, according to Anaheim police Sgt. Daron Wyatt.
The allegations date back to August 1996 and continue through June of 2011, Zimmer said. The students were 11 to 14 years old, the prosecutors alleged.
Bruce, who was arrested again Sept. 30 on the new allegations, is charged with nine counts of lewd acts on a child younger than 14 and two counts of lewd acts on a child younger than 14 or 15.
He faces up to 125 years to life in prison if convicted.
— City News Service