[symple_googlemap title=”SGV smoke inhalation” location=”8810 Broadway, San Gabriel Valley, CA” height=”300″ zoom=”16″]

Four people suffered smoke inhalation Saturday, including two sheriff’s deputies, when food left on the stove filled a house in unincorporated San Gabriel with smoke, authorities said.

The fire was reported at 2:03 p.m. at 8810 Broadway, said Los Angeles County Fire Department Dispatch Supervisor Bernard Peters. Heavy smoke was showing from the eaves when firefighters arrived.

Firefighters had the flames out at 2:17 p.m., Peters said. They were working to blow smoke out of the single family house.

A man and a woman ages 70 to 80 were being evaluated for smoke inhalation and two sheriff’s deputies were taken to a hospital for treatment, he said. It appeared the deputies were injured while trying to rescue the couple.

—City News Service

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *