
A 31-year-old man who allegedly threatened two victims with a knife was taken into custody Tuesday in Pacoima after a car chase, foot pursuit and perimeter search, police said.
The initial call came in about 9:30 a.m. of a person making threats in the 11600 block of Gladstone Avenue in Lake View Terrace, according to Officer Mike Lopez, a Los Angeles Police Department spokesman.
A report of a similar incident in the same block was received about 11:20 a.m., after which the suspect was spotted driving a tan Ford pickup truck, Lopez said.
Officers followed the vehicle and eventually tried to make a traffic stop, but the suspect did not yield and a chase ensued, he said.
The suspect, whose name was not immediately released, abandoned the vehicle on or near the San Fernando Road off-ramp from the westbound Ronald Reagan (118) Freeway and was taken into custody in the area of Paxton Street and Kewen Avenue during a perimeter search, Lopez said.
Suspicious items located in the pickup — authorities did not say what those items were — prompted a bomb squad call-out and the closure of the off- ramp, he said. The California Highway Patrol announced just after 3 p.m. that the off-ramp had been reopened.
— City News Service
