Santa Ana police Friday asked for the public’s help tracking down a man accused of attempting to sexual assault a woman who had come off a late-night bus.

The attack happened minutes after midnight Thursday in the 3300 block of West McFadden Avenue, police said. The victim was walking home from work when the man choked and attempted to sexual assault her, but stopped when a passerby intervened, police said.

Investigators believe the suspect had been on the same Orange County Transportation Authority bus with the woman and followed her, police said. Police have obtained video surveillance showing the suspect getting on the bus at Sunflower Avenue and Harbor Boulevard.

The suspect is a Latino man in his early 30s who is about 5 feet 9 inches tall, and weighs about 180 pounds. He wore a dark green T-shirt and dark pants.

Anyone with information helpful to police was asked to call detectives at 714-245-8363, or email amiller5@santa-ana.org.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *